* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.45 percent to 20,188.43
* Leading the index were Westshore Terminals Investment Corp , up 28.4%, Aecon Group Inc, up 11%, and MEG Energy Corp, higher by 6.3%.
* Lagging shares were Spin Master Corp, down 5.3%, Magna International Inc, down 4.9%, and Lithium Americas Corp, lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 134 issues rose and 90 fell as a 1.5-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 144.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Royal Bank Of Canada, Enbridge Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.08 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.45 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.36%, or $0.26, to $72.17 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.54%, or $0.4, to $74.19 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.8% for the year.
This summary was machine generated July 23 at 21:54.