1. Comparison: Helping customers compare products between product families, against the competition's offerings, and even use cases are all effective ways in which you can help customers find the right product. This approach also allows you to highlight the specific reasons your product is superior in a visually engaging way, leading to increased conversions. It should also be noted that helping customers find the right product themselves reduces returns and increases customer satisfaction.
2. Visualization: Allowing customers to visualize how a specific product will look in their environment helps connect the value of the product to the customer's unique reality. Examples include cars being showcased in a driveway, furniture mapped to a living room to demonstrate how a couch would look, or even how a diamond ring will look on the customer's finger. This is another differentiating experience that helps make your product stand out.
3. Product Configuration Tools: Showcasing how a specific product or service can be configured is a compelling way to connect the product to the customer in a way that feels personalized. It is an important aspect of helping customers feel that the product has been uniquely tailored to their need or use case. This is another powerful way to differentiate in crowded marketplaces.
4. Commerce Personalization: Personalizing the entirety of the experience around commerce is the holy grail of commerce platforms. This kind of personalization is intended to make shopping feel like it was designed to cater to the unique needs of the individual customer, wrapping them in the right products, services, and experiences. Customer data is essential to delivering these experiences, which should be driven using base demographics, previous purchases, analytical insights from site visits, segmentation alignment, content marketing, and more. When well executed, personalized commerce is a force multiplier for conversions.
5. Product Recommendations and Customer Reviews: Customers are savvy, seeking input from independent experts and customers when making product-buying decisions. Catering to this need, successful commerce experiences are transparent about showcasing customer reviews. Today's most powerful commerce platforms include product recommendation engines that leverage personal, community, and other sources of information to recommend products. The bottom line is more conversions.
6. Search-Driven Commerce: It is easy for sellers to forget that a sizable portion of customer traffic is still extremely search-driven. Building internal searches that cater to commerce is an essential building block in delivering commerce experiences that convert. Even simple techniques, such as promoting search results for specific products, drive a noticeable increase in conversions.