Log in
E-mail
Password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
New member
Sign up for FREE
New customer
Discover our services
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON
  1. Homepage
  2. Equities
  3. France
  4. Euronext Paris
  5. Electricité de France
  6. News
  7. Summary
    EDF   FR0010242511

ELECTRICITÉ DE FRANCE

(EDF)
  Report
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsRatingsCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisions 
SummaryMost relevantAll NewsAnalyst Reco.Other languagesPress ReleasesOfficial PublicationsSector newsMarketScreener Strategies

EDF Requests Meeting With Chinese Partner to Discuss Safety at Taishan Nuclear Plant

06/14/2021 | 06:05am EDT

By Giulia Petroni

Electricite de France SA on Monday said that it is in contact with state-owned China General Nuclear Power Corp. to discuss data related to the presence of certain noble gases at one of the nuclear plant reactors owned by their joint venture in the Guangdong province in China.

The French utility said it has been informed that the concentration of these gases increased in the primary circuit of reactor number one, which is owned and operated by Taishan Nuclear Power Joint Venture Co.

"EDF has requested the holding of an extraordinary TNPJVC board of directors meeting for management to present all the data and the necessary decisions," the company said.

The news came after CNN reported earlier on Monday that the U.S. government has been assessing a report of a possible leak at the Chinese power plant after receiving an alarming notification from Framatome, a French nuclear-energy company that supports operations at the plant.

The warning included claims that the Chinese safety authority raised radiation limits above safety standards to avoid having to shut down the nuclear plant.

According to the media outlet, which cited U.S. officials and documents, the Biden administration believes the facility is not yet at "a crisis level".

The Taishan Nuclear Power Plant said in a statement published on its website Sunday that "continuous monitoring of environmental data shows that the environmental indicators of Taishan Nuclear Power Plant and its surroundings are normal."

EDF owns a 30% share in Taishan Nuclear Power, while China General Nuclear Power Corp. holds the remaining 70%.

Write to Giulia Petroni at giulia.petroni@wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

06-14-21 0604ET

All news about ELECTRICITÉ DE FRANCE
08/02ELECTRICITE DE FRANCE : Transcript of the Investors and Analysts conference HY 2..
PU
07/30EDF venture partner CGN halts Taishan reactor in China
RE
07/29ELECTRICITE DE FRANCE : EDF's Restructuring Hits Roadblock as France-EU Commissi..
MT
07/29ELECTRICITE DE FRANCE : EDF Records Profit Turnaround in H1; Shares Down 2%
MT
07/29EDF : 2021 HALF-YEAR RESULTS Strong increase in EBITDA 10% growth in renewable p..
GL
07/29EDF : Notification of availability Half-year financial report at June 30, 2021
GL
07/29EMEA MORNING BRIEFING : Stocks to Open Lower After Fed Statement
DJ
07/28BP : Mexican methane leak rate 'alarming' for climate change, report says
RE
07/27Spire seeks U.S. backing for Missouri natgas pipeline to avoid outages
RE
07/26Dow Jones Industrial Average : Disabled workers fear COVID-19 silver lining t..
RE
More news
Financials
Sales 2021 72 779 M 86 403 M 86 403 M
Net income 2021 3 534 M 4 196 M 4 196 M
Net Debt 2021 48 393 M 57 452 M 57 452 M
P/E ratio 2021 9,27x
Yield 2021 4,14%
Capitalization 33 117 M 39 359 M 39 316 M
EV / Sales 2021 1,12x
EV / Sales 2022 1,10x
Nbr of Employees 161 203
Free-Float 16,5%
Chart ELECTRICITÉ DE FRANCE
Duration : Period :
Electricité de France Technical Analysis Chart | EDF | FR0010242511 | MarketScreener
Technical analysis trends ELECTRICITÉ DE FRANCE
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBearishNeutralNeutral
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus OUTPERFORM
Number of Analysts 19
Last Close Price 10,49 €
Average target price 14,78 €
Spread / Average Target 40,9%
EPS Revisions
Managers and Directors
Jean-Bernard Lévy Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Xavier Rene Louise Girre Executive Director-Finance
Christophe Salomon Group Chief Information Officer
Colette Lewiner Independent Director
Laurence Parisot Independent Director
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capi. (M$)
ELECTRICITÉ DE FRANCE-18.65%39 359
NATIONAL GRID PLC7.29%45 690
SEMPRA3.01%39 556
ENGIE-9.38%32 259
E.ON SE15.25%32 080
PUBLIC SERVICE ENTERPRISE GROUP INCORPORATED7.82%31 432