Log in
Show password
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
New member
Sign up for FREE
New customer
Discover our services
Dynamic quotes 
  1. Homepage
  2. Equities
  3. Korea, republic of
  4. Korea Stock Exchange
  5. CHA Biotech Co., Ltd.
  6. News
  7. Summary
    A085660   KR7085660009


SummaryMost relevantAll NewsOther languagesPress ReleasesOfficial PublicationsSector news

Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. to Form Joint Venture with CHA Biotech Co., Ltd. to Develop and Commercialize Natural Killer Cell Therapies

08/02/2016 | 09:00am EST

Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. announced that it has entered into a binding term sheet to create a joint venture with CHA Biotech Co., LTD, to develop and commercialize proprietary Chimeric Antigen Receptor modified cellular therapies based on CBT's Activated Killer Cell technology and five of Sorrento's CARs for all disease conditions, including oncology and infectious diseases. The JV covers products on a global basis with the exception of the Greater Chinese market. In addition, Sorrento will obtain an exclusive license to develop and commercialize CBT's novel investigator-initiated trial stage AKC technology in major territories, including the United States, Europe, and with a co-exclusive license in China. The AKC technology utilizes proprietary methodologies for the generation of highly activated, patient-derived Natural Killer (NK) Cells from 60 mL (60 cc or less than 3 fl. oz.) of peripheral blood. The expansion and activation process takes less than 3 weeks and yields sufficient cells for several treatment cycles. Notably, the resulting AKC product can be cryopreserved as efficient freeze-thaw protocols have been established. Thus far, more than 1,000 AKC batches have been produced and used in ongoing clinical studies in Japan. The treatment protocol does not require lympho-depleting preconditioning of the patients prior to administration of the AKC. Both CBT and Sorrento will make contributions of $2 million to the JV. In addition, Sorrento will grant the JV an exclusive license to five CARs solely for combination with the AKC technology, while CBT will contribute its AKC technology. CBT will initially own 51% of the JV while Sorrento will initially hold the remaining 49%. Sorrento, under a royalty bearing license, will also gain access to the AKC technology for use outside the JV alone or with any other Sorrento products.

ę S&P Capital IQ 2016
All news about CHA BIOTECH CO., LTD.
2021CHA BIOTECH : Unit Signs Contract with Sartorius for Viral Vectors Process Technology
2019Astellas Institute for Regenerative Medicine acquired remaining 50% stake in Stem Cell ..
2018Chabiotech To Divest Biotechnology And Medicine And Medical Supplies
2016Sorrento Therapeutics to Form Joint Venture with CHA Biotech Co
2016Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. to Form Joint Venture with CHA Biotech Co., Ltd. to Develop..
More news
Sales 2020 665 B 558 M 558 M
Net income 2020 -18 658 M -15,7 M -15,7 M
Net cash 2020 45 206 M 37,9 M 37,9 M
P/E ratio 2020 -56,3x
Yield 2020 -
Capitalization 990 B 831 M 831 M
EV / Sales 2019 1,27x
EV / Sales 2020 1,52x
Nbr of Employees 192
Free-Float 72,3%
Duration : Period :
CHA Biotech Co., Ltd. Technical Analysis Chart | A085660 | KR7085660009 | MarketScreener
Technical analysis trends CHA BIOTECH CO., LTD.
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
Income Statement Evolution
Managers and Directors
Sang-Hoon Oh Chief Executive Officer & Director
Jong-Guk Song Co-President & Director
Kyung-Wook Yoon Director
Jong-Seong Choi Co-President, Director, Head-R&D
Dong-Joon Lee Senior Managing Director & Head-Finance
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capi. (M$)
CHA BIOTECH CO., LTD.-11.78%831
MODERNA, INC.-36.98%64 900
LONZA GROUP AG-15.65%52 307
IQVIA HOLDINGS INC.-14.60%46 031
SEAGEN INC.-17.50%23 323