* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.30 percent to 20,461.93
* Leading the index were BlackBerry Ltd , up 10.1%, Bombardier Inc, up 7.4%, and Capstone Mining Corp, higher by 5.8%.
* Lagging shares were Equinox Gold Corp, down 5.7%, Centerra Gold Inc, down 5.4%, and Eldorado Gold Corp, lower by 5.1%.
* On the TSX 107 issues rose and 126 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 8 new highs and 11 new lows, with total volume of 252.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Tc Energy Corp and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 3.72 points, or 2.8%, while the financials sector climbed 3.74 points, or 1.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.4%, or $1.01, to $73.24 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.35%, or $1.03, to $77.22 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 17.4% for the year.
This summary was machine generated September 23 at 21:23.