* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 1.41 percent to 20,174.14
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 6.9%, Iamgold Corp, up 5%, and Yamana Gold Inc, higher by 2.6%.
* Lagging shares were Converge Technology Solutions Corp, down 8.2%, Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd, down 7.4%, and Spin Master Corp, lower by 5.9%.
* On the TSX 40 issues rose and 190 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 7 new highs and 15 new lows, with total volume of 242.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bank Of Nova Scotia, Bombardier Inc and Crescent Point Energy Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.05 points, or 0.0%, while the financials sector slipped 3.50 points, or 0.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.48%, or $1.12, to $74.33 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.67%, or $1.33, to $78.2 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.7% for the year.
This summary was machine generated September 28 at 21:03.