13 May 2021 05:12 p.m. GMT All figures in US Dollars.
The profits announced by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd in the fourth quarter were lower than the Refinitiv mean estimate of profits. The company reported profits of 20 cents per share, 4 cents higher than the same quarter last year when the company reported EPS of 16 cents. Profits of 22 cents per share were anticipated by the three analysts providing estimates for the quarter. Wall Street expected results to range from 16 cents to 26 cents per share, with a forecasted mean of 22 cents per share. The company reported revenue of $ 29.02 billion , which is higher than the estimated $27.89 billion.
* The consensus recommendation for the company is "Buy". This includes twelve "Strong Buy", fifteen "Buy", one "Hold".
* The average consensus recommendation for the online services peer group is also "Buy".
* One analyst is currently providing Refinitiv with estimates.
* In the last week there have been no earnings estimate revisions by analysts covering the company. There was a loss of one estimate.
YEAR OVER YEAR
The company reported an increase in revenue to $29.02 billion from $16.04 billion in the same quarter last year.
* Previous quarterly performance (using earnings preferred measure)