* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.56 percent to 19,474.65
* Leading the index were Endeavour Silver Corp , up 11.6%, Equinox Gold Corp, up 9%, and Nexgen Energy Ltd, higher by 8.8%.
* Lagging shares were Canfor Corp, down 5.3%, Interfor Corp, down 4.6%, and Equitable Group Inc, lower by 4.3%.
* On the TSX 132 issues rose and 95 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 22 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 246.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc, Cenovus Energy Inc and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group rose 3.65 points, or 2.9%, while the financials sector climbed 1.10 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.55%, or $1.01, to $66.38 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.27%, or $0.87, to $69.58 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 11.7% for the year.
This summary was machine generated May 17 at 21:08 GMT.