* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.28 percent to 20,230.40
* Leading the index were Tilray Inc , up 25.1%, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc, up 23.3%, and OrganiGram Holdings Inc, higher by 10.7%.
* Lagging shares were Real Matters Inc, down 12.9%, Canfor Corp, down 4.2%, and CGI Inc, lower by 2.8%.
* On the TSX 141 issues rose and 86 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 139.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Tilray Inc and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.77 points, or 0.6%, while the financials sector climbed 1.43 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1%, or $0.72, to $72.37 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.38%, or $0.28, to $74.76 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 16% for the year.
This summary was machine generated July 28 at 21:03.