Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Prosus, Facebook, Givaudan, Walmart, Home Depot...
Every day, the MarketScreener team compiles and summarizes the most important news related to listed companies around the world.
- Reuters revealed that BNP Paribas is considering selling its North American bank, valued at $15bn.
- Prosus: half-year earnings per share are up sharply.
- The Netherlands wants to fight to keep Royal Dutch Shell in the country.
- Ohio claims $100bn from Facebook for misleading information.
- ThyssenKrupp is considering an IPO of its hydrogen business in the first quarter of 2022, according to Bloomberg.
- Elon Musk(Tesla) sold 934,091 shares to meet his tax obligations.
- Givaudan buys US fragrance company Custom Essence.
- Italian MPs reject the sale of Leonardo subsidiaries to a Franco-German consortium.
- Globus Medical reportedly approached NuVasive about a buyout, according to Bloomberg.
- Walmart raised its 2021 revenue and profit forecasts, banking on sustained demand for the holiday season despite concerns about supply chain strains. The stock is up 2.3% before the Wall Street opening.
- The Home Depot reported better-than-expected quarterly same-store sales, driven by sustained demand for home improvement tools and materials. The stock rose 1.1% in pre-market trading.
- The Boeing Company - The U.S. aircraft manufacturer announced Tuesday at the Dubai Airshow that Indian low-cost carrier Akasa Air had placed an order for 72 737 MAX aircraft at a list price of about $9 billion.
- Alphabet - Google, the main subsidiary of Alphabet, announced on Tuesday its intention to invest one billion Australian dollars (648 million euros) in Australia over five years, while the group recently threatened to withdraw its services from the country to avoid a tightening of regulations in the sector.
- Pfizer - Russian authorities on Tuesday gave the U.S. company the green light to conduct clinical trials in Russia for its COVID-19 antiviral treatment.
- Exxon Mobil on Monday launched the sale of oil and gas assets in a Texas shale operation to streamline its portfolio on the most lucrative assets. A source close to the matter said the assets are valued at between $400 million and $500 million.
- Berkshire Hathaway announced Monday that it has ended its investments in Merck & Co and reduced its holdings in AbbVie and Bristol-Myers Squibb as part of a reduction in its exposure to financial markets.
- Cryptocurrency specialist Riot Blockchain falls 12.8 percent to $36.7 in pre-market trading, heading for its worst session in six months after reporting an unexpected third-quarter loss.
Major earnings reports: Walmart, The Home Depot, Sea Limited, Netease, Vinci, Vodafone, Imperial Brands, Bouygues, Colas, OVH...
ę MarketScreener.com 2021