Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Netflix, Novartis, Tesla, Autodesk, AMC...
Today are released several earnings reports from major European and American companies, including Dutch group ASML for semiconductors, the German-based SAP for software, the German automaker Daimler for automobiles or the Swiss lab Novartis for pharmaceuticals. In the US, Coca-Cola and J&J will follow, after Netflix yesterday.
Key earnings reports. Johnson & Johnson, ASML , The Coca-Cola Company, Verizon , Novartis , Daimler , SAP, Iberdrola , eBay , Sartorius Stedim Biotech, Evolution AB, Akzo Nobel...
- Nobel: quarterly results are up sharply, but net income is slightly below consensus.
- ASML: the supplier of equipment for the semiconductor industry saw its profits jump above EUR 1 billion in the second quarter, slightly above expectations. Targets have been raised.
- Daimler: the German carmaker will sell fewer Mercedes than expected due to semiconductor shortages.
- Netflix: the stock is stable post session despite mixed results.
- Novartis: Q2 results beat market consensus. Annual targets confirmed.
- SAP: the German software company raised its guidance after a good quarter.
- United Airlines: quarterly losses are slightly higher than expected, but overall close to expectations.
- Johnson & Johnson has hired a law firm to organize the bankruptcy of its talc subsidiary, exposed to thousands of consumer complaints.
- JPMorgan Chase is offering CEO Jamie Dimon a stock bonus to stay at the helm.
- Tesla plans to open its supercharger network to more electric vehicles later this year, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.
- Joe Biden appoints Jonathan Kanter, a Google basher to head the Justice Department's antitrust division.
- Autodesk gives up on buying Altium . Sika buys American Hydrotech, a specialist in liquid membranes.
- Rio Tinto reaches an agreement with the community of Bougainville on its copper mine in Papua New Guinea.
- AMC Entertainment share price rises again .
- Lalique acquires the Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey hotel-restaurant.
- Cvent close to an IPO via SPAC Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. II, based on a valuation of $5 billion.
© MarketScreener.com 2021