* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.68 percent to 17,517.04
* Leading the index were BlackBerry Ltd , up 13.4%, MEG Energy Corp, up 11.5%, and Crescent Point Energy Corp, higher by 10.3%.
* Lagging shares were Seabridge Gold Inc, down 7.9%, Trillium Therapeutics Inc, down 7.4%, and Richelieu Hardware Ltd, lower by 5.4%.
* On the TSX 131 issues rose and 88 fell as a 1.5-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 18 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 215.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Suncor Energy Inc and Blackberry Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group rose 5.09 points, or 5.8%, while the financials sector climbed 2.11 points, or 0.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.88%, or $0.4, to $46.04 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.64%, or $0.31, to $49.02 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 2.7% for the year.